- 3 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
- 6 basil leaves
- 1 tsp snipped chives
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest and a squeeze of juice
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 4 slices of Allinson’s Scandalous Seeds bread
- 120g fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 pickled cucumbers, sliced lengthways
- 4 little gem leaves, shredded
- Sprinkling salad cress
- For the mayonnaise; blend the mayonnaise, basil, chives, lemon zest and juice with some freshly ground black pepper. If you don’t have a blender, tear the basil leaves and simply stir everything together. Spread over each slice of bread.
- Layer your sandwich, seasoning as you go, starting with the avocado, then the mozzarella, cucumbers, leaves and a scattering of cress. Wrap in parchment and secure with string or place in a sandwich tin ready for your picnic.