These toasties are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside,
bursting with the indulgent combination of pork and seafood.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g raw prawns, peeled, deveined & split into two batches
- 20g pancetta
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour
- 1 small piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 spring onions, very finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons of fish sauce
- Zest of 1 lemon
- A tiny pinch of chilli flakes
- A tiny handful of parsley
- Black pepper
- 4 slices of Allinson’s The Champion Wholemeal bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat.
- Add the anchovies and break them up with a wooden spoon, cook until they almost dissolve.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute, then set aside and allow to cool.
- In a food-processor, blitz half of the prawns with the pancetta and corn flour to make a smooth paste, then add the remaining prawns
- Pulse just a few times to chop the prawns into large chunks.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the cooled anchovy & garlic oil, grated ginger, sliced spring onions, fish sauce, lemon zest, chilli flakes, chopped parsley and black pepper.
- Lay 2 slices of Champion Wholemeal bread onto a board, fill with the prawn mixture and top with remaining slices of bread.
- Smear the outer sides of each sandwich with butter.
- Return the frying pan to a low to moderate heat, then fry the sandwiches until golden on both sides and the filling is cooked through. (Take care not to overcook the bread before the filling is cooked).
- Serve hot with a few wedges of lemon.